January 27, 2010

Great Aussie Day!

Our team was really fortunate to be in Australia's capitol city, Canberra, for Australia Day!  It reminded me of my favorite memories from Monument's 4th of July parades followed up with fireworks at Jason's house in Palmer Lake.  Classic!  


Anyways, Australian's really have some strong nationalism.  I love the way everyone takes the day off, and celebrates their country.  I'm realizing that this is a very rare thing in the world, as not many countries take a whole day off to celebrate their independence, or even their culture.  Go Australia! Go America!

I heard Jason's team went down to Sydney Harbor for fireworks and festivities, which I'm sure was epic.  Our team went downtown to a park where about five thousand people gathered for the infamous & free Great Aussie Day Breakfast--sausage, coffee and fruit! There's my buddies, Timmy and Alfredo on the right...

Later in the evening, we returned to the downtown where about ten thousand gathered for live bands (singing American classics), food and fireworks!  I live for these events!  It felt like home.  Our team has spent each day out on the streets (and grass) evangelizing.  I have some really great stories so far, but it's also been very challenging!  Please pray for our team.  This weekend, we will be going to churches promoting the Ship Tour. 

1 comment:

  1. How fun Aussie Day must have been for you! We are all praying, you can rest assured that. Keep the updates coming. We love them. Bless you/love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete