February 2, 2010

Checking in!


So I first have to apologize, although I love the idea at blogging, turns out I’m not as good at keeping up. Matt on the other hand is a rockstar! But today was my first day off in a few weeks so I decided to head down to the city, and I’m currently sitting in a nice air conditioned Starbucks over looking Darling Harbor. Pretty sweet!

One cool story was I went up to a few teenagers at the beach and started telling them about the ship, after an hour I had like 18 teenagers surrounding me. We hit if off I guess. I had a great time just hanging out with them, before I left I spent time telling them they are all significant and challenged them to go change the world!It turns out that I’m not a city boy, now I already knew this about myself, but being here in the city has made me realize all over again, that huge buildings, busy traffic, and people everywhere isn’t necessarily what makes Jason come alive! Haha It makes me realize how much I love my home, Colorado, and the mountains, and single track trails where your not overwhelmed by people but pretty wildflowers and aspen trees. The other thing about cities is they are expensive, everything cost money! The toll road in, the parking, the trains, the shops, movie tickets ($28). It’s just crazy! I say all that to encourage go outside take a walk, breath in fresh air, stop and soak up the mountains! There really is no place like home!

Ok enough with that. I’ll be home soon enough. What have I been up to? A bit of everything, as you know our team is out to promo the ship tour. We orinanally thought that meant going into schools, however the kids have been on holiday, and were having a hard time getting a hold of administration to see if we can come in and talk. We have a few booked but in the mean time we have spent some of our time, going to major malls, beaches, shopping centers, handing out flyers and telling people about the ship. It’s been fun.

We got to check out Hillsong last Sunday, which was really cool. The church is huge, and quite trendy. I was impressed thoguh with how welcome they made our team feel. I got to see the newly married Mason and Katie Shrack, which was awesome. They are helping run the junior high ministry.

I’m doing really well, more than ever I’m so excited about life and what’s in store for me. I’m sure it will all look way different then I think, but over and over our base director Ken and people like Loren Cunningham have challenged us to dream big! I’ve been trying to do that a lot lately and it’s kinda fun! Another thing that I was challenged with from a guy who is the YWAM director here in Australia for Rescue Net, an ministry that goes in 24-48 hours after a disaster, and sets up immediate medical relief. The guy is a hero, he has been all over the world and in the brokenness of the worlds worst disasters, from Iraq, Indonesia, Thailand, Katrina, and just recently Haiti. Our team had the amazing opportunity to hear from Mark, as he arrived back home to Ausie after his time in Haiti. He explained how broken and devastating Haiti really is. But with tears in his eyes he looked at a group of 11 young people and said these words, “Do what you are called to do and do it well, Do it bloody well cause the world needs you.”

His words have echoed in my head for the last few days as a reminder that life is short, and we don’t know what is in store, but that we all, yes even you reading this blog have the opportunity to make a difference. So to do well what your called to do. Whether that is a teacher, a Mother/Father, business man, bus driver, custodian. We all can impact this world. There is so much more to tell but that gives you a bit to chew on. I appreciate all of you! I miss each of you and hope your doing well!

Jason

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going so well & thanks for your encouraging words to all of us!

    Was the music at the Hillsong church AMAZING?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, thank you for the encouragement about doing life well! It's a daily challenge and such an important one. Loved your blog and have missed them. Love you and miss you terribly. Can't wait to see what your life looks like when you come back to wonderful Colorado. Colorado misses you as well. May God bless you REAL good. xoox

    ReplyDelete