October 30, 2009

Goroka! Goroka! Goroka!

Good day Mates! Jason Here.

As Matt has informed you, We have our outreach locations! Hip Hip Horay! So I'll be heading to Goroka, Papa New Guniea in about 3 weeks, I'll then come back to Townsville for a few weeks and then head down the Australian coast promoting the YWAM ship tour. But let me tell you what I know so far about Goroka! Basically if there was a outreach location that was made for Jason Phillips it would be Goroka!


Goroka is located in the Eastern Highlands Providence. The above is a picture of it! Sounds a lot like Boulder, they were in the Guinness Book of world records for having the best climate in the world! The temperature doesn't reach above 78 degrees all year!! Sweet! An afternoon rain shower is pretty common. Goroka is known around the world for there coffee, and they host the annual PNG coffee festival every year.

So lets review... Perfect weather... Mountains... Coffee... and an awesome team! Sounds like a dream come true to me!

So were still figuring out what exactly we will be doing there. We will be working close with a YWAMer there who used to be a full time Doctor, but decided to retire from that and help people in PNG instead, he really wants to build a YWAM base in Goroka. Along with helping him we will be visiting hospitals, local churches, doing dramas, and visiting high schools, and much more.

So the team! There are 11 of us on this trip! Seriously quality people to the max.


Our fearless leaders: Amelia and Aiden (Amelia second row far right Aiden, far back center)
Bottom Row left to right (Hannah, Kena, Carah Vicki, Casen)
2nd Row ( Desiree, Joel, Abbie,Aiden, Me, Amelia)

If your reading this blog it probably means you care a lot about what Matt and I are doing! I would really appreciate you praying for our team! Here are some specifics! Pray that we would have unity, that we wouldn't show up with our agenda but instead for hearts ready to serve and love wherever the need, and that relationships would form with the local people in PMG!

In addition to that team, I get to be apart of another sweet opportunity, one of our DTS staff found out that I have a passion for photography, Matt and I get to actually be part of a team that will help capture and design a creative arts exhibit that will tour with the boat and will give people a glimpse into the lives and needs of people in PMG. Basically wherever the ship is there will be a cool interactive exhibit with cool pictures, and stories, to try and engage people into joining the cause! I'm way excited about this! It's always been a dream of mine to capture what God is doing around the world and do it in a way that will inspire people to make a difference. Looks like I get my chance at that!

Lastly, I to am raising support for this trip! Right now I need 1200 buckeroos! If you want to chip in to make this happen, that's awesome. If not, totally fine I still love you like crazy!

If you do want to donate its fast and easy, just click on the link below and it will take you to the school web page, or you can mail a check to my folks and they will get it in my account.

Jason Phillips
P.O. Box 1085
Palmer Lake, CO 80133

Hope everyone is doing well! I keep telling Matt we need an 8th day so I can stay caught up on stuff, one of those being keeping in better contact with all my friends and family at home. Missing all you guys!

Love Love Love

Jason

1 comment:

  1. Right,climate is the best,soil is furtile,people are nice(most of them),nobody is hungry.Sounds like paradise.There is no law and order and anybody can be target at day an specially at night.Even police goes home at six pm.Everybody is afraid of Ruscals and other gangs.Most of locals hate Chinese shopowners and from time to time atack them.
    Milislav
    I was there last year for two weeks as only white person.

    ReplyDelete