October 29, 2009

Port Moresby...Here I come!

Hey Wonderful Family & Friends,

I just want to give you a quick update on my outreach information. Recently, our entire school learned some exciting new news including our exact outreach destinations, and even our smaller teams that we will be traveling with!

In just one month, I will be headed to Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (PNG)! You've heard of it right!? Well let me give you a couple Port Moresby fun facts!

First of all, Port Moresby is the closest major city to Townsville, but you have to take a plane to cross the Torres Straight to get there. Port Moresby, also the capital of PNG, is one of the world's "least livable cities" (ranking 137 out of 140 cities). It has a population of over 250,000 people, and our team will be there in one month.

The picture above is my team. From left to right: Emma, Me, Alfredo, Katy, Britney, Timmy, Jess, Helen (team leader), Melinda & Amanda. We will be doing construction, speaking at churches, doing dramas and sharing the Gospel for three weeks. If you would like to be apart of sending our team out, then here are some specific prayer requests. Pray for: team unity, passion for the people of PNG & desire to serve.

I'm raising financial support to make this trip possible. I need $2500 to come in over the next month to cover the cost of outreach. It's taking a tremendous amount of faith to see how God will provide for me, but I'm completely trusting in his provisions. If you are willing and able to help, then please write a check to GREATCOM (tax-deductible) and send it to my family's address:

Matt Howard
19420 Aspenwood Dr.

Monument, CO 80132


If you aren't able to financially support me, that's okay! I would love it if you continued to check my blog and pray for my team. Your encouragement means the world to me.

Sincerely,
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify your statement - Port Moresby is the closest PNG city to Townsville but Cairns is the closest main Australian city to Townsville and also Port Moresby.

    ReplyDelete